Both palettes contain the same 16 eyeshadows, one lip gloss, and two cheek/lip stains renamed for theme purposes. Each shadow is approximately 1.0 ounces - which is an AMAZING deal considering the palettes will retail $44.50.
The names of the shadows, stains, and gloss go as follows:
Muppets/Balm & Beautiful palette (eyeshadows)
- Tres Moi/The Oil Tycoon
- Wocka, Wocka/The Estranged Mom
- Meep Meep/The Supermodel
- Mahna-Mahna/The Bad Boy
- Sensational/The Southern Bell
- Inspirational/The Mother-In-Law
- Celebrational/The Guy Who Died But Didn’t Really Die
- Muppetational/The Mistress
- Woman, Woman/The Step Brother
- Curtain Call/The Coma Patient
- Great Gonzo/The Police Man
- Kissy, Kissy/The Brain Surgeon
- Wild Child = The Neighbor
- Lab Coat/The Stock Broker
- Hiii-Yaaa!/The Basketcase
- Swedish Pancakes/The Older Woman
Muppets/Balm & Beautiful palette
- Rainbow Connection/The Drama Queen
- Le Diva/The Perfect Man
- Electric Mayhem/The Evil Twin
The shadows are soft and highly pigmented. They go on without any problems. The shade range is incredibly versatile. You can go from a neutral eye to a smokey eye to a simple hint of color on the lips and cheeks.
I think the biggest pro about these palette is the packaging. Its sturdy, thin and they separated the eye shadows from the gloss and stains in the most genius way. The eye shadows and the lip stains/gloss have their own compartment so there is virtually no way fall out from the shadows can taint them.
At the moment, I can't think of any cons but should I come across one, I will update this post.
Overall, I think it's well worth the money. Definitely a must-have. You can't go wrong even if you're just a Muppets fan and cannot get the Muppets version, the Balm & the Beautiful version is something you can appreciate.
Side By side:
Meep Meep/The Supermodel:
Woman, Woman/The Step Brother:
Curtain Call/The Coma Patient:
Kissy, Kissy/The Brain Surgeon:
Wild Child/The Neighbor:
Lab Coat/The Stock Broker:Lip Gloss/Stains Photos/Swatches:
Rainbow Connection/The Drama Queen (stain):
Le Diva/The Perfect Man (stain):
- End note: The Balm & the Beautiful palette (along with of TheBalm products) have been spotted at TJ Maxx's and Marshalls around the US. Mine was picked up at TJ Maxx for $20. You can try to find it and see if you can score a sweet deal. Good luck!