Part three of my MAC Fall Colour 2011 review is the eye shadows. Five eye shadows are part of this collection and they go as follows:
- Blue Candy -Which is a cross of a Robin's egg blue & Sky blue. It has a satin finish and applies pretty sheer. I would recommend using a white base for this.
- Three Ring Yellow- This one is super pretty. It's not quite Chartreuse but not a true yellow. Its shimmery and and highly pigmented. It has a veluxe pearl finish which makes it the easiest one to work with out of the five.
- Royale - I truly swoon over this color. It wants to be an Indigo but pulls more Violet. I really love this but it also goes on semi-sheer so a base is required to really get that intensity. It has a matte finish.
- Passionate - Described as a matte bright reddish pink. I didn't get this color yet but will update as soon as I do.
- Shock-a-holic - Described as a medium purple with a satin finish. I did not get this one since it sort reminded me of Sugarpill's "Plum Poison" but not as great.
Overall, I think they are great shade. I'm disappointed with "Blue Candy" since it is the sheerest of the three and you REALLY have to pack it on to full appreciate the color. "Three Ring Yellow" is probably the nicest yellow I have seen in a while and goes on like butter but you can thank that Veluxe pearl finish for that. "Royale" is a beautiful color and really quite difficult to capture with the camera. Depending on what you pair it with, "Royale" can be more blue than purple and vice versa. It's a fun color to say the least!
** Click here for review/swatches of MAC Fall Colour 2011 Lipsticks **
** Click here for review/swatches of MAC Fall Colour 2011 Mineralized Skinfinishes **